Ready to Make the World a Better Place? We Want to Help.
As Mark Twain once said, “If I had more time, I would have written a shorter letter.” Because we understand it requires greater thought and work, we appreciate business plans that present a lot of information clearly in as few words as possible. In addition to written business plans, we also encourage you to submit a video presentation so we can get a personal feel for your vision and passion.
We would ask that you address the following categories of information in your business plan:
• Company strategy. Define your business and vision in one or two sentences.
• Problem. Describe the problem your potential customers are facing, and what options they currently have available.
• Solution. Describe your company’s value proposition to simplify and improve the lives of your customers.
• Market Opportunity. Identify/profile the customers you serve, including the potential size of your target market, margins, historical evolution of your segment, recent trends, and any early mover advantages you see.
• Business Model and Product(s). Describe your revenue model, any sales to date, average account size, customer/pipeline list, distribution model, branding status, product line-up, product development roadmap, and intellectual property landscape (feel free to exclude any items not currently relevant to your business).
a competitive advantage.
• Management Team. Describe backgrounds of founders, any key members of management, board of directors and/or board of advisors.
• Financials. Income Statement (P&L), Balance Sheet, Cash Flow, Capitalization Table (current shareholders and capital invested to date), as relevant.